Feeding The Wolf
|Starting Location||027-2 Graveyard Inn|
|Redoable||No, only once|
|Cost||30 Animal Bones|
What To Do:
- Go to the Graveyard and talk to Golbenez, pay 666 GP and enter the Graveyard Inn. You'll see Wolfgang sitting at one of the tables near Nigel.
- Wolfgang is hungry. Bring him 30 Animal Bones to feed him.
- After giving him 30 Animal Bones, you'll receive 40,000 EXP as a reward. In addition he'll play Blackjack with you.
- You need to pay 1,000 GP at first to be able to play.
- The main goal of the game is to have 21 points in your hand. If you go over 21, you lose.
- An Ace can count as either 1 or 11.
- The cards from 2 through 10 are valued at their face value.
- There are no Jacks, Queens, or Kings in the deck.
- After you choose to stop, the wolf's total will be revealed; it's always between 17 and 21. If your total is higher and not over 21, you win; otherwise (even if it's a tie) you lose.
- You'll receive 3,000 GP if you win.
- Never choose to stop taking cards until you have a total of 18 or more. If you stop before then, you have a guaranteed loss. The odds of winning are roughly 32.77%, so the blackjack game is a very slight money sink with an expected value of -17 GP per hand you play.
Animal Bones are dropped by:
- Yetis (7%)
- Wolverns (2%)
- 40,000 EXP
- 30 Animal Bones