You can get the Mana Potion with Auldsbel, Rauk, or Wyara with various ingredients (check them!). Once the potion is made and you are at least level 10, drink it and go and touch the Mana Seed again to get the General Magic Skill (level 1).
- 1,000 EXP
- General Magic Skill level 1
Go on praticing. When #abizit answers that "You feel in perfect control of your magic" and you are at least level 30, come back to get the General Magic level 2. After some pratice again, Mana Seed will teach you the "#Joyplim <char name>" spell.
- 10,000 EXP
- General Magic Skill level 2
- Read carefully Auldsbel's and Elanore's advices:
- Heal badly wounded players, you will get faster magic experience, faster healing experience and more experience points.
- Vary your spells: When you repeat a spell the second one does not bring you magic experience.
- Spells that use items (#kalmurk for instance) bring you more experience than the others.
- The higher the spell level, the more magic experience you get.
At the present time your magic level cannot be greater than 2.
To create a Mana Potion, will ask you 40 Mauve Herbs and 1 Bottle of Water.
Cure The Pond
Wyara will ask you to cure the pond at the west of Hurnscald. It is a very small pond with a rock in the middle. Wyara will ask you to create a special potion for the pond, twice. Each potion requires 20 Mauve Herbs and 20 Maggot Slimes. To purify the pond, use the potion while standing at the center of the pond but do not drop it! Dropping the potion will result in nothing.
- 5,000 EXP
- Nature Magic Skill Level 2
After you get Nature Magic, You can ask Wyara to teach you some spells. She know about #inwilt (who is around) , #inzuwilt (locate spouse), and #kaflosh (magic rain) All these level 1 spells require General Magic Skill level 2 to be cast.
Sagatha will teach you spells only if you have achieved Level 2 in the General Magic Skill and also if your evil monster kill count is greater than your innocent creature kill count. You also have to complete the #Sagatha's Tree and #Injured Mouboo quests below before she will talk to you. She will teach you the #chipchip spell, which for example, can be used on Fluffies, to take their fur without killing them. When you use it on fluffies and mouboos, she will be happier .
Old Druid Tree
If you speak to Wyara about training you once you are Level 2 in the General Magic Skill, she will talk you about a dying tree in the desert southeast from Tulimshar that needs to be helped. Use the #kaflosh spell (requires Nature Magic Skill and General Magic Skill, both at Level 2). You also need to hug Sagatha's Tree by typing in your chat tab: "/me hugs tree" while being next to the tree. You will receive 20,000 EXP after saving the tree.
Warning to Manaplus users: A Manaplus-TMW server incompatibility prevents the /me command to be correctly handled when you use colored text. Set your text color to default before hugging the tree.
Begin by going west from Hurnscald, then proceed north from Auldsbel's house. Enter the cave with a "Danger" sign near it (the other entrance is the path to Mana Seed cave). The mouboo is located on the 2nd level at the south end outside once you are out of the cave. You can use the #inma spell, "#inma mouboo (not "boo"!)" on the Injured Mouboo to heal it but you must have Level 2 Life Magic first. If you don't have Life Magic Level 2, then give him a large potion. You will receive 5,000 EXP for saving the injured Mouboo.
Dark Path Of Magic
The Earth Spirit can teach you the Dark Path of Magic. In order to be taught in this path, you will have to kill the Injured Mouboo with the Bone Knife and cut Sagatha's Tree with the Bone Knife (writing "cut"). You will also need to pay 100,000 GP to be his student and will continue to ask you for quite a lot of money for each Nature Magic Skill spell.
Light Path Of Magic
If you have already chosen to kill the Injured Mouboo or cut Sagatha's Tree, you are already on the Dark Path of Magic. If you have not done these things, you are still on the light path for now.
Talking with him is currently not that recommended because you won't be able later to learn Nature Magic with Wyara or Astral Magic with Sagatha : if you chose the Dark Path of Magic, the Earth Spirit he will only teach you Nature Magic. Wyara and Sagatha will also refuse to speak to you once achieved the first quest proposed by the Earth Spirit.
If you healed the Injured Mouboo and/or hugged Sagatha's Tree, you won't be able to kill the Injured Mouboo and/or cut Sagatha's Tree and will stay on the Light Path of Magic.
Elanore The Healer
Elanore asks you to fetch 10 of each herb. In return, she will create 5 Lifestones. You will also recieve 100 EXP each time. Later, when you have a greater control of magic, which means after touching the Mana Seed, she will teach you the #lum "name" spelland explain how it works: To be a good healer, you must heal a lot of players who really need to be healed that is who are heavily wounded. She will take a close look at you to see if you are a good healer. When you heal a player, you will receive EXP in (the more damage you heal, the more EXP you earn) (up to 400 exp with #lum"")
Get Life Magic Skill Level 2
When you have healed enough players, Elanore will accept you as a life magic student and you get Life Magic Skill Level 2 . When you reach general magic level 2, she will teach you #inma, the greatest healing spell currently in the game and how to make life stones yourself with #manpahil.
To create a Mana Potion, he will ask you 1 Pearl, 20 Mauve Leaves, 10 Gamboge Leaves and 10,000 GP.
- #miteyo is mostly a training spell for the General Magic Skill.
- #parum <name> Two old tritan names work with it: skytlurk (#parum lurk) and Mouboo (#parum boo). the first one systematically gives you a warped log as you don't know how a Skytlurk looks. Unless you have at least "a very good control on your magic" it is likely you spell will fail. When Auldsbel sees Mouboo Figurine that you created (you can't buy one and do it), he accepts you as a true apprentice and give you his blessing (5,000 EXP and the Transmutation Magic Skill Level 2).
- #gole (Ashes to Sulphur Powder)
- #patviloree (craft Short Tank Top)
- #patloree (craft Tank Top)- Cost - 20 Mauve Herbs
- #patmuploo (craft Shirt)- Cost - 10 Scorpion Stingers
- #kularzufrill (Raw Log to Arrows) - Cost - 20 Raw Logs, Reward 1,000 EXP
All the Transmutation Magic level 1 spells require General Magic Level 2 too.
For more details on spells, see the Magic Spells page.
Astral Soul Skill
If you want to specialize as a mage he will also teach you the Astral Soul Skill, which, when focused on, will greatly improve your magic efficiency. He will ask for 11500 gp and reward you with 2,500 EXP for that.
Helping With Experiments
You can help Auldsbel with his experiments to earn gold and EXP and more spells. You do not have to know magic to perform this section. These must be done in order as they are laid out below:
- Turn in 20 Mauve Herbs. You will receive 2,500 GP and 500 EXP.
- Turn in 1 Concentration potion, 1 Iron potion, 3 Small Healing Potions, and 3 Medium Healing Potions. Small Healing potions are obtainable by the Monsters Points Quest. You will need to meet Caul The Alchemist to obtain Medium Healing Potions. If possible, set your intelligence to 35 by resetting your stats with Malivox, to make potions more quickly. You can also ask to Trader in Tulimshar' bazaar to make them with 3 Small Healing Potions and 500gp per piece. You will receive 2,500 GP and 500 EXP.
- Turn in 100 Silk Cocoons. You will receive 5,000 GP and 2,000 EXP.
- Turn in 25 Red Scorpion Stingers and 25 Maggot Slimes. You will receive 5,000 GP and 10,000 EXP.
- Turn in 20 Snake Tongues, 20 Cave Snake Tongues and 20 Mountain Snake Tongues. You will receive 8,000 GP and 40,000 EXP.
- Finally, turn in 50 Grass Snake Tongues! You will receive 10,000 GP and 100,000 EXP. Warning: he will spawn 4 Grass Snakes so be prepared to fight or run! (Each one that you kill will grant you 10 Boss Points).
The Magic Swords are two among the 4 that are buried in the rock. They will teach you the War Magic spells. The "sister" stands in the middle of the river separating the Dimond's Cove from the woods to the west. You can only see it from the west bank. The "brother" sword stands in the river in the cave underneath the Hurnscald's Inn, . You can only see it from the west bank.
Hint: If one refuses to talk with you, then try the other one.
You will need to save 21,000 monster points to be able to learn your spells!
Spells taught by the Magic Swords:
- #flar (Magic Darts, sister)
- #upmarmu (Enchanted knuckles, sister)- Cost: 5,000 monster points, reward: 1,000 exp. points.
- #frillyar (Hail of arrows, brother)- Cost: 5,000 monster points, reward: 1,000 exp. points.
- #ingrav (Lightning, sister)- Cost: 1 Iron Ore, 10,000 monster points, reward: 1,000 exp. points.
#upmarmu, #frillyar and #ingrav require General Magic level 2.
Sister Sword (Dimond)
Here is the script for the Dimond sword: 
Brother Sword (Hurnscald's Cave)
Here is the script for the cave sword: 
Hinnak is located north of Hurnscald. After you helped him to get rid of the pinkies that annoy him, he asks for a beer. When you give him one, he will tell you a scary and funny story and you will learn the #kalmurk spell.
To create a Mana Potion, he will ask you '1 Pearl, 1 Bottle of Water, 30 Mauve Leaves, 20 Gamboge Leaves, 5 Piles of Ash.
You can meet Ched near Tondar, outside the Tulimshar Magic School. He knows about combining potions with the #skrimp spell.
Hurnscald Town Hall Bookshelf
On the first floor of Hurnscald's City hall, search for a book in western bookshelf. When your'e skilled enough in magic, you can understand what is written inside an lear the #zukminbirf spell which allows you to transmute Iron Ore into Iron Powder. To avoid wasting iron ores, do not try it be fore abizit says that "you are in very good control of your magic.
Nina is a small girl playing just near the south entrance of Tulimshar's south bazaar. If you find how to speak to her she will tell you about the #itenplz spell.
The Old Wizard lives with his apprentice, in a magic house in woodland hills, far north of hurnscald. He will not teach you magic, but a spell to hide you from mages:#anwiltyp.
Astral Soul Skill
If you want to specialize as a mage he will also teach you the Astral Soul Skill, which, when focused on, will greatly improve your magic efficiency. He will ask for one pearl and 100 acorns and reward you with '2,500 EXP for that.
Tondar is the Tulimshar Magic School director. Though the school doesn't accept students at the moment, he may teach you the very important #abizit spell.
See Magic Spells.