Things to do
- TheManaWorld:The TMW Committee
- TheManaWorld:Administrators and TheManaWorld:Bureaucrats pages. Users with responsibilities should link to these pages and also be categorized.
- categories under construction
Wiki Maintenance and Improvement
Actual version and extensions: Special:Version
MediaWiki upgrading Manual: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading
note: As of 15 March 2013 (UTC),WikiMedia's version is 1.20.3 – 2013-03-04, ours is 1.16.1 from 2010-02-22 !
- The following installed extensions have to be updated/upgraded:
- ParserFunctions (Version 1.3.0) to 1.5.1 (2013-01-06) http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions This extension is bundled with MediaWiki 1.18
- The following extensions may have to be updated/upgraded (Actual Version is not indicated) :
- Extension:ConfirmAccount: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount
- Extension:Renameuser http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Renameuser (note: only bureaucrat is allowed to use it, thus not very useful)
- Cite.php is a Cite extension that adds two parser hooks to MediaWiki, <ref> and <references />; these operate together to add citations to pages.http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite/Cite.php
- Extension:Math: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Math
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texvc Texvc is supposed to be part of wikimedia, but now math is not any more since v1.18,
- image formats: enable .svg file format; install Extension:Xcf
- Image maps: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ImageMap It would help developers and players to have a better world overview, and a different quest access as well.
- Also, the WikiEditor extension would make contributors job much more comfortable:
- http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikiEditor: It is now the wikipedia default and is customizable http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikiEditor/Toolbar_customization
- Extension:Babel https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Babel could help to manage users an contributors languages for translations.
cd extensions git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/p/mediawiki/extensions/Math.git git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/p/mediawiki/extensions/Babel.git
--Nard 02:56, 15 March 2013 (UTC)
Note: apt repositories include mediawiki aand some extension packages but they are even more outdated than ours. ( http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/mediawiki ) but http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-mediawiki/mediawiki/trunk/debian/ announces: First cut at packaging 1.18.1
- TheManaWorld:About (redirected to Project description which is rather hmmm...)
- TheManaWorld:General disclaimer
- TheManaWorld:Terms of service
Licencing information To Update: TheManaWorld:Copyrights
If you do not want to report on Mantis, feel free to join our IRC channel: chat.freenode.net
- Join #themanaworld to ask for help about the game, to talk with players, etc...
- Join #themanaworld-dev if you want to talk with developers about any of your ideas or about a bug you would like to report.
- Join #themanaworld-support if you need help with anything that you would like to do, that includes account problems and some code issues.
Was out of date after server move: all pages referring to IRC have to be changed. It would be useful to make templates or functions that would avoid this kind of boring tasks.--Nard 02:56, 15 March 2013 (UTC)
Scripting Tutorial and Reference
You can also post on our forums to ask for anything relevant to the game.
- You can ask for help about a problem you had in game recently.
- You can report a bug you have saw in game.
- You can try to participate to the project by posting some work you did. Be sure to ask before starting on it.
reported on forum
- various, mainly on magic: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16043
- mallard's eye http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16183&p=127050#p12705
- Map development needs a strong update
- Git repository needs a strong update
(please include in <s></s> tags when done TY)--Nard 15:33, 17 September 2012 (CEST)
Categorize pages and files
Files (especially pictures), Pages including development pages, Templates and even Categories must be categorized to make better access to them. The job was started by Alige. Further development will be reported on the Wiki Guidelines pages
- NPC reference From starting page NPCs, waiting for wiki upgrade to do it (collapsible tables update)
- Shops reference: Shops is done, Shop NPCs has to be revised, missing shops in Dimond
--Nard 13:34, 24 April 2013 (EDT)
A Trello board has been created to better reorganize this part: https://trello.com/board/wiki/5165a141888a11df1200521f (a board of The Mana World
Mantis and bug tracking
Bugs should be reported on the corresponding Mantis:
- See ManaPlus/evol-Mantis page for current client bugs.
New features should always be discussed on the forums first as with the content and/or code developers first in any cases.
Reporting Bugs updated according to the various developers preferences.
--Nard 09:56, 24 July 2012 (CEST)
Mantis has been dropped since server move, all pages referring to it have to be updated. Developers have to use the github bug tracking system, there is still to find a way to avoid unintentional "spamming".
--Nard 02:56, 15 March 2013 (UTC)