This page is to include the plan of TMW development part of of wiki. We can imagine a part of this page (or the whole) is transcluded to main page.
See also: Wiki Guidelines
- 1 Development General information
- 2 Game Content
- 3 Other
- 4 Client and Server Development
- 5 COMMENTS
Development General information
You want to help or join the development team but don't know where to start? Well look at these pages to know on what you would like to focus on first. You might also want to talk with other devs on IRC. irc.freenode.net and the Developers' channel is #themanaworld-dev.
- Joining the project,communication, team working, developers and contributors, GHP.
- Reporting Bugs
- Help with testing
Overview of various ways to contribute, directs to more specific pages such as personal server and git
- Hack your Client
- How does it work? what Server does, what client does, file hierarchy, (may duplicate with further object description)
- Personal server setup is required for scripting and mapping.
- Keep you files up to date: github quick intro (?), Github hierarchy
Team Working Tools
- TMW IRC
- FAQ IRC
- TMW Forums
- Git , GitHub, Gitorious, how to use?
Describes and categorizes tools, directs to specific pages such as Tiled
- Sharing tools and sites: dropbox and alike, Deviant art, Image sharing, pastebin...
- Various Suggested tools and where to get them (IDEs, graphic, music software..).
- Story and Game Concepts
- TMW Eathena objects and their relations
Items, NPCs, Mobs: Icons and sprites
- Graphic Development Guidelines
- Graphics: Art in Development - Animations - Particle engine - Image dyeing
- Mapping Tutorial
- Tiles and Tilesets: Tileset development
- Mapping: - Map development - Mapping Tutorial
- Quick Tutorial
- TMW-eAthena Script Reference:
- EAthena Script Sample Code*
- Commented Examples (tutorial tool)
- Code Snippets (development tool)
Sound and music
Client and Server Development
- Client (s) ?
- Servers: EAthena Manaserv.... ?
- EA Related: Dependencies- Ports
- Manaserv related: (?)
- Miscellanous: Source code documentation (Doxygen)
- RFCs: Rendering - Action layers - Collision system - Movement system - Logging
- Reference: Server development - Realtime combat - Monster Database - Weapons
- Releases: Making a new release - How to release an update
while this page has not been accepted, use this place to place your remarks and edits. (please sign) --Nard 04:22, 11 April 2013 (EDT)