Legacy Nicholas the Blacksmith
|Starting Location||009-2 Legacy Hurnscald|
|Reward||20,000 EXP for Steel Shield (once)|
|Cost||Coals, Iron Ores, Legacy Iron Ingots, GP|
- To get to Legacy Nicholas the blacksmith, head south of the tree in the center of Legacy Hurnscald, then head east. It is the third shop nearest the south-east corner.
- Legacy Peter can make you the Steel Armors such as the Chainmail Shirt, Light Platemail and Warlord Plate. Ask him if he can do anything else than chest armors for him to speak about the steel (Warlord) boots.
- Legacy Nicholas can make you helmets: Knight, Crusade and Warlord but he will not propose you anything unless you have the required material in your inventory. Also two quests start by speaking to Nicholas with at least basic requirements (coal, ingots and short sword for Setzer) in your inventory: Steel Shield (described here) and Setzer
Steel Shield quest
- Come and speak to Legacy Nicholas with at least 6 Legacy Iron Ingots and 12 Coals in your inventory. He will propose a shield and asks some high quality steel to make a better alloy (Ingots are too brittle). When you come to him with Infantry Helmets (2), he will ask for a Leather Patch to craft the handle. But when you ask where to get it, the only thing he can say is:"Rumor has it that there is someone in the eastern desert who can."
- Go to Legacy Pachua the Hermit Indian through the Legacy Old Wizard's House to get the Leather Patch without forgetting to bring some snake skins and money with you (one skin and 300 GP are enough).
- Come back to Legacy Nicholas with all the stuff and 20,000 GP to get your shield and 20,000 EXP the first time you craft one.
- Yellow Slimes are found north of [Legacy [Hurnscald]]. Head north from the town, all the way, directly into the mine.
- Spiders can be found in the same mine. You need to turn right when in the mine, and head along the path. You will see a way to walk into the next section, so you can head south. Spiders are down there on the western side. Be careful of all the Red Slimes on the way.
- Mogguns can be found in a cave near Hurnscald. Head west on the stone path from town. At the first fork (at a farm with many trees), go north. Continue north until the path forks again. Take the west fork and follow the path to a set of caves, one higher and one lower. Enter the lower cave and walk through until you see white sheep-like Mogguns. Be careful; all the Mogguns will attack as soon as you hit one.
- Get Legacy Iron Ingots from Jhedia in a house northeast of the Legacy Tulimshar town center. Ingots cost 10 Coals, 5 Iron Ores, and 1,000 GP each.
Infantry Helmets are dropped by:
- Spiders (0.2%)
Legacy Coal are dropped by:
- Legacy Moggun (10%)
- Legacy Lava Slime (10%)
- Legacy Nutcracker (6%)
- Legacy Terranite (6%)
- Legacy Yellow Slime (4.5%)
- Legacy Copper Slime (3%)
- Legacy Huntsman Spider (1.5%)
- Legacy Archant (0.2%)
- Legacy Aidan And Ishi's Monster Points
Legacy Iron Ingots are crafted by:
- Jhedia (1 Ingot for 5 iron ores, 10 Coal, 1000 gp)
Leather Patch are crafted by:
- Legacy Pachua the Hermit Indian (1 patch for 1 Snake skin and 300gp)
- 20,000 EXP the first time you create a Steel Shield.
| Knight's Helmet
+15 Defense, -30 Magic Attack, 600 g
| 3 Legacy Iron Ingot
6 Legacy Coal
| Crusade Helmet
+18 Defense, -36 Magic Attack, 1.3 kg
| 6 Legacy Iron Ingot
12 Legacy Coal
| Warlord Helmet
+18 Defense, -36 Magic Attack, 900 g
| 9 Legacy Iron Ingot
18 Legacy Coal
| Steel Shield
+20 Defense, -200 Magic Attack, 2.5 kg
| 2 Infantry Helmets
6 Legacy Iron Ingot
1 Leather Patch
12 Legacy Coal
+110 Damage, 1 Range, 900 g
| 1 Monster Oil
3 Legacy Iron Ingot
6 Legacy Coal
1 Short Sword
| Chain Mail
+20 Defense, -120 Magic Attack, 800 g
| 5 Legacy Legacy Iron Ingot
10 Legacy Coal
| Light Plate
+25 Defense, -150 Magic Attack, 1.2 kg
| 10 Legacy Iron Ingot
20 Legacy Coal
| Warlord Plate
+27 Defense, -170 Magic Attack, 2.6 kg
| 15 Legacy Iron Ingot
30 Legacy Coal
| Warlord Boots
+5 Defense, -22 Magic Attack, 550 g
| 8 Legacy Iron Ingot
16 Legacy Coal