Talk:Setting up tmwAthena on Linux
The page starts with "Setting eathena on Linux"... well, eathena will compile only with gcc for x86-32 bits. On 64 bits (and other CPUs), map-server will fail to compile due to usage of va_list... and that va_list on such settings is not just a pointer (look for "gcc va_list va_start..." on your best friends)
I succeed to have it running on a amd64 system (gentoo) by forcing -m32 option for CC in the makefile. (so, at least, no need to have a 32 bit system, only a 32 bit-manaworld.)
Maybe you want to add that bit of information for other readers. --LeForgeron 23:27, 5 November 2008 (CET)
- That option (in two places) shouldn't affect compilation on 32bit machines, so we may just want to add it to SVN. — Jaxad0127 00:06, 6 November 2008 (CET)
The same errors mentioned by LeForgeron occur on big-endian processors like PowerPC or SPARC. Looks like this requires little-endian processors. Tested with Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.1 on macppc. --Frost 9 June 2011
Can someone help me?? PLS I have Fedora 11 and I cant do git clone. Please someone help --DarkLord 01:30, 8 September 2009
- I Have Fedora 11 and everything is ok. Where is your problem? Just open terminal, and Copy and Paste mentioned lines. --Nightsorrow 18:01, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
[User ~]$ git clone git://gitorious.org/tmw-eathena/mainline.git eathena bash: git: command not found [User ~]$
WTF? Please help --DarkLord 10:34, 11 September 2009
- Please use the support forums when you want help, the wiki is mainly for documentation, neither support nor discussion.
- When writing on the discussion pages on a wiki it is also a good custom to enter a timestamp by writing ~~~~.
- A hint to your problem: When a command is not found, you have probably not installed its package. (Please continue your hunt for a solution on the forums, or on irc.)
- Thank you. âœŽâ€ˆKessâ˜½ 12:27, 11 September 2009 (UTC)