This page is for the new server. If you are looking for information regarding the walkthrough legacy server please visit Legacy:Walkthrough
Rules and etiquette
- Do not drop-steal without permission (drop-steal: take items dropped by a monster someone else killed).
- Do not kill-steal without permission (kill-steal: kill a monster someone else is fighting to get easy exp).
- Be polite, take the time to greet people before you ask anything, follow the same etiquette in conversation as you would follow in real life.
- Do not do things to others as you would not like to be done to yourself.
Main article: ManaPlus Client
These are the default controls for the ManaPlus Client. Not all controls/shortcuts are listed here, please see the main article for more controls.
|Arrow Keys||Move around|
|Ctrl or A + X||Attack|
|S or Alt + S||Sit down / Stand up|
|A||Target nearest monster|
|G or Z||Pick up item|
|T||Talk with targeted NPC|
|Enter||Focus Chat window / Send message|
|Alt + 0 - Alt + 9, Alt + - or Alt + =||Show smiley|
When you first run ManaPlus, it will do some tests to auto-detect the best video settings. When this is done, you will be presented with a login screen. To log in to the game:
- Select The Mana World test server and click Connect.
- Type in your user name and password (case sensitive). Click Login or push Enter or Return on your keyboard.
- If you don't have an account, click Register instead and fill out the form.
- If you wish to read any update news, change Update from Auto Close to Normal.
- ManaPlus will check for and download updated game content. When it's finished, if you had set Update to Normal, click Play.
- You may now select a character and click Play. To create a character:
- Click an empty space.
- Click Create.
- Give the character a name.
- Use the arrows to customize the hair color, hair style and race.
- Congratulations! You are now in the game!
The storyline starts with you on a raft, adrift in the sea. It will be told by the Narrator. To continue with the story click on Next until the Narrator is done. At some point the game asks what language you speak. You can choose between English, French, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Flamish, Polish, Italian, Dutch, Catalan or Esperanto. It is possible to switch between languages later. After chosing you can click Submit to submit your answer. The story will continue into a tutorial, helping you with the first steps of the game. For a complete walkthrough through the game see the Walkthrough page.
This page will give you some gameplay hints and tips.
Raising your Stats
When you gain a level in The Mana World, you are awarded points that you can distribute as you please between the various Stats.
The Mana World doesn't have any set classes, instead skill points can be distributed as you like to make up the character you want. The basic "builds" are Warrior, Archer and Mage. They are based on their level, statistics, skills and equipment. Beginner characters until around level 10 are a basic warrior class, which is the simplest build, allowing you to get familiar with the game.
See the article named Magic.
Your wrist is going to get worn out in those long training sessions. Try mapping your keyboard so that your attack and target keys are more ergonomic to your hands as you can do this through the client in Setup. Some players use A and Z on their computer, which greatly helps with their ergonomic. ManaPlus also provides a key Ctrl to attack and collect loot as well.
Another good trick is healing on demand. Stock up on your healing item of choice (such things as Beer, Milk, Apples, or other edibles) and make the Inventory small enough that it doesn't block much of your area of vision. Now keep that item selected, and you can simply click Use whenever you need a quick heal.
Ideally, you should use the Shortcut Bar F8 instead, this will allow you to assign a few items, skills, and even text to be said with a simple keypress.
Remember that healing happens over time: Drinking healing items at the last moment may be too late! By default, healing item effects should not stack.