Difference between revisions of "Legacy:Easter Eggs Hunt"
(Added page to Legacy category)
(Added page to Legacy category)
|Line 83:||Line 83:|
Revision as of 19:18, 12 March 2018
|Starting Location||008-1 (Outside Hurnscald)|
|Prerequisites||Character must be 5 weeks old|
|Redoable||Yes, once a year, from March 22nd to April 25th.|
|Reward||1 Colored Eggshell Hat|
Short Historical Note
Easter (Old English: Ēostre, Old High German: Ôstara) is christian version and interpretation of jewish Pessa'h, פֶּסַח (Muslim's have their own too: Eid al-Adha, عيد الأضحى) . It's date was originally based on Moon cycle but was somewhat fixed in 325 to stand around spring equinox (See also Sham el-Nessim شم النسيم) . Note that winter solstice was chosen the same way to fix Christmas date and make european natives change their usages to christian ones).
Some pre-Christian origins are from the gods Astarte and Ishtar. You will find common origins in the modern Easter celebrations which have been adopted by churches in the early days and influenced their holiday seasons. This mixing occurred in between the 3rd and 5th centuries of our Common Era.
Staining Easter eggs is originally a Christian tradition that has been observed as early as the sixth century among early christians. Various games involving easter eggs spread in Europe starting at about seventeenth century. Among the most popular is Easter egg hunt, which is now been practiced, in european-like culture countries, even by non-Christians. Other common Easter symbols are Easter hare (or rabbit), hen, fox, cuckoo (symbols of spring, renewal and fertility), bells (Church bells came back at Easter after a stop while Lent period), fish (old christians symbol Ichthys ΙΧΘΥΣ, ἰχθύς)...
TMW's Easter events refer to these widely spread games and celebrate spring beginning (in nothern hemisphere :P).
Preambles, warnings, requirements:
- This quest is seasonal: It will happen yearly, at easter: From March 22th to April 25th.
- Your Character must be level 40 and at least 5 weeks old.
- This spoiler is here as a reference...
What To Do:
Find the egg-NPCs and click on them. You will get various small rewards (cakes, fruits...). Repeat the operation until you get the final one
- Do not become egg-clicking rabids or you will get time penalty(ies).
- The probability that you get the unique reward increases with the number of eggs you "talk" with. If you disconnect before getting the unique reward, the calculus is reset at it's start.
- Small Rewards:
- CactusDrink, CactusPotion, Cake, CherryCake, AppleCake, ChocolateCake, OrangeCake, WhiteCake, OrangeCupcake, Candy, ChocolateBar, GreenApple, Orange, RedApple.
- Up to 50 GP each time you open an egg.
- Up to 200 Exp each time you open an egg.
- Rare Rewards:
- RedEasterEgg, GreenEasterEgg, BlueEasterEgg, YellowEasterEgg, PinkEasterEgg, TealEasterEgg (One chance over 750, 1,33‰).(Note; these eggs were released in 2008. The event required you to gather a whole set of eggs to get the reward)
- Unique Reward:
- 1 Colored Eggshell Hat (15 g, +9 defense, +3 Magic Defense ); You can get this reward only once, colors will change every year. Two colors are available each year, one color is frequent (95%), the other is rare (5%). The rare color will be the common one the next year: This year (2014) Yellow Eggshell Hat is common, Green one is "rare". In 2015, Green Eggshell Hat will be common, Orange one will be "rare", and so on.
|Year||Unique frequent reward||Unique rare reward|
|2013, 2019, ...|
|2014, 2020, ...|
|2015, 2021, ...|
|2016, 2022, ...|
|2017, 2023, ...|
|2018, 2024, ...|