Dev:Game Wiki Work
Note: Most points in the Player pages section can be edited by everyone, while other pages, like dev pages, usually need more technical know-how.
So please feel free to help!
PS. This only covers the wiki and have absolutely no relation with game development or whatsoever.
- Screenshots: Place images in correct year and add images from forum to fill in missing years
Pertaining to The Mana World: rEvolt.
- Pages made for unreleased items from page references.
- Move pages on Main Namespace to Legacy: Namespace where appropriate.
- Move pages on Dev: Namespace to Legacy: Namespace where appropriate.
- Move pages on rEvolt namespace to main namespace. There's no need to leave redirects behind.
- When moving pages from Main Namespace to Legacy Namespace, leave a redirect behind.
- When writing a page which was previously a redirect, leave a link on the banner about Legacy page, in case player is looking for TMW:Legacy information.
- If you prefer, you can build the page on rEvolt: namespace, and configure main page to look like This one
- Keep in mind The Mana World have two servers, pretty much like Ragnarok have Classic and Renewal servers. Albeit the former is fated to die due to sheer lack of maintenance, prepare the wiki assuming both servers will run forever.
There are many new updates to the wiki at present, so instead of mentioning them one by one, here is a brief description. They are not in chronological order. Some are still under construction or repair.
- Confirmation that all items have a page.
- Confirmation that all monsters have a page.
- Confirmation that all NPCs that are linked to exist and haven't been replaced, and that their coordinates are correct.
- Pictures are up-to-date.
- Walkthrough must be written, and Information about Legacy:Walkthrough (Including Category_Playerinfo tag) have to be added.
- Raising Your Stats must be entirely rewritten to new stats system
- Information about @tutorial, the ingame 101 book, should be added
- Stats page must be redone as well, refer to iRO Wiki for more imperative information on how they're working.
- Warrior, Archer and Mage must be written with new gameplay mechanics (mage class might be the hardest to write at this point)
- Quick Walkthrough is duplicate data: Burn with fire and link to official Walkthrough instead.
- Magic needs a link to Legacy:Magic for the confused/lost players. At the moment, it is not possible to write this page.
* Skills is very, very similar. Almost the same thing. Need input from Developers....
- Getting_started#Training_technique should speak about shortcut window (F8) instead.
- Quests is severely incomplete. The @qdebug command on Test Server allows a quick insight of the quests currently available and their stages.
- Getting_started#Endgame speaks about magic training which no longer exists. But there's scoreboards (@scoreboards command), inifinite challenge and bosses to defeat and absorb their skills with the Master Skill Book.
- Getting_started#Final_thoughts final paragraph is no longer relevant due to the new server Guild System.
- Item Reference - Must be written, see The Automatic Item DB reader
- Monster Reference - Must be written, see this script
- NPCs need to be reestructurated and entirely rewritten. Even Legacy NPCs there might need some help, like putting them in the right category.
- Pages are needed
- Pages are outdated
- Legacy:Game_Masters is invalid (The Mana World namespace version shall prevail), and its subpage (Events) can be safely moved to "The Mana World" namespace as well.
- Dev:Windows10 is only relevant for Legacy Server
- Translators must be updated to Transifex links.
- Dev:Monster Design and Dev:Item db.txt probably should be archived
- Map development - Archive the Legacy's version (can use both Legacy: as Archive: namespaces) and rewrite with new map conventions (which only Micksha knows)
- GM Commands and User:Jesusalva/GM could be merged; But can get messy quickly. Changes to GM Commands are also rarely announced, which makes updating these a burden.
- Mark-up Hercules documentation Hercules Docs - or just replace our documentation pages with link to those.
- Or use  our own documentation fork which is way more up-to-date than official Hercules' one.
- Dev:ToDo should probably be made in a #REDIRECT to GitLab milestones page.
- Proper Reporting Bugs instructions
- Dev:SFX can be replaced with the Sound Design Documentation
- Dev:Main Need to be divided because Development workflow for Legacy and rEvolt are different. Dev pages only relevant to Legacy can be safely moved to Legacy: namespace leaving a temporary redirect behind.
- There's no present interest in actively developing Legacy Server; Therefore, redirects from Dev: to Legacy: are not required.
- Dev:Working_With_Git needs info about merge conflicts and gitlab specifics (Merge Requests)
- Dev:Testing_Server has been reestructured, both on Legacy Test Server as on Official Test Server (LTS have @debug and inheirs GM structure from Legacy Official Server, OTS have @commands and only two GM groups)
- Help with Manaplus Wiki
- There's a huge list of ManaPlus improvements in dire need.
- There's also the idea of rewriting the client for Mobile (ie. deprecate Guichan)
- PM 4144 in IRC or on the Forums for an account or information about ManaPlus.
Pages with frequent updates
Some pages need to be checked frequently if they are up to date, mostly because members listed in them change or pages in their category get added or deleted frequently:
- Monster Reference and Items
- Staff Indexes, namely, Contributors tend to get outdated frequently
- Category:Under Construction and Category:Outdated, but they're not reliable links; Don't count on them.
Image maps: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ImageMap It would help developers and players to have a better world overview, and a different quest access as well.
Spoilers: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Spoilers The Spoilers extension adds a spoiler tag that will hide a block of text. The spoiler button's show/hide message can be customized for each set.Use https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Collapsible_elements instead.
- Variables: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Variables The Variables extension allows you to define a variable on a page, use it later in that same page or included templates, change its value, possibly to a value given by an expression in terms of the old value, etc.