Am I off the team or something?
I keep getting "too many hops" errors, when I try to email you. You never told me your msn address so that we could IM eachother, only gmail which I don't have.
If you're going to put up a deadline on something I'm working on, tell me.. don't put up a deadline and put the assignment up for grabs. I am working on it. I just need your real-time feedback to make progress. ..and IRC isn't always a good option.
Dabe 00:25, 5 March 2007 (CET)
- I'm going to say this as bluntly as possible: Rotonen considers you off the team due to the fact that you keep popping in and out for long durations. In other words: If you were more active without leaving... yeah, I wouldn't have done that. Oh, and Rotonen was the one who gave me the assignment to get everything together. We NEED a backstory, whether it's done by you or somebody else. It's nice that you're back, but because you were gone for a while, I had to take drastic measures and get it done. And, I DID e-mail you, but apparently you didn't get them. :) My MSN is email@example.com, and I gave you my IM names about 3 times or so. And yeah, IRC isn't a good option, but if you won't add my IM names... then how am I going to catch you in real-time? :P Here they are, for the 4th time. And um, yeah, I DID tell you my MSN address... this will be the fourth time doing so. :P
----Pauan 02:08, 5 March 2007 (CET)
- AIM: Pauanyu
- MSN: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GTalk: email@example.com
- IRC: pauan
- AIM: Pauanyu
- P.S. All of those should be in my Forum Profile as well... they aren't THAT hard to find...
website mainpage and Forum
I noticed the main page in the website is outdated (i doesn't have the last patch) and also need a main overhaul, so anyone willing to participate in the game development can know how and where can go to do it.
- I don't think this is quite the right place to put this question, but ok. Indeed we need to make a news post about 0.0.22.2 (only the downloads page was updated so far), but what do you mean with needing a main overhaul? --BjÃ¸rn 02:12, 6 March 2007 (CET)
Another comment is we have to reactivate the Forum too, and i don't know how to do it without dual-function with the Wiki, i mean usually a developer tells you go to the forum and post there any concept, suggestion, question or whatever but now we are asking to go to the Wiki and do pretty much the same thing so is confusing, my first thought is remove the development section from the forum and leave just Support and General but is too radical, so i think we have to find a way to organize Forum-Wiki relationship as soon as possible.
- I think developers hardly visit the development forum, at least that counts for me. Stuff that should be archived or is developed incrementally is usually done on the wiki, while discussion is done on the developers mailing list. This is mainly true for coders though, I think for graphics the forums are more suitable for showing work in progress while the wiki is suitable for archiving. --BjÃ¸rn 02:12, 6 March 2007 (CET)