Caul is an alchemist, who is extremely useful in the gameplay for, not only herbs being turned into useable health items, but for a few quests.
|Starting Location||018-2 North of Hurnscald|
Map Name: Woodland Mining Camp Indoor
Map Number: 018-2
Coordinates: 37 22
How to get there
- Once you leave the town, you will head North through two portals.
- After you have entered the second one, divert off the path to the North West, and you will see the camp there, with the beautiful building by the river and the campfire burning out the front.
- Enter the building through the Southern entrance (the one near the fire)
- Head West, going behind the Receptionist, and then past Caul
- Continue West, and you will see Caul there, near the cauldron.
What To Do
- Ask Caul about healing potions and give him 1 of each kind of herb.
- There will be a certain percentage for each type of Healing Potion depending on your intelligence stat.
- Caul can also make Monster Oil used in the Setzer Quest.
- Besides these, he can make Grimace of Dementia for the Focusing Skills.
- The more you increase your intelligence stat, the better your potion will be successful, or in the case of the healing potions, the larger they may be.
- The ingredients used for alchemy are Herbs which are dropped by immobile, non-attacking herb "monsters" as well as Squirrels, Vicious Squirrels, and the much-harder to kill Fey Element. They can be found on the maps south and west of Dimond's Cove and scattered throughout the Woodland area. Herbs exist in 4 different colors: Alizarin (red), Gamboge (yellow), Mauve (purple) and Cobalt (blue).
- For every potion you brew, a random number between 0 and the intelligence stat of the character is rolled. The result determines the created potion:
|Image||Potion Name||HP Heal Bonus|
|0 - 5||Tiny Healing Potion||+100|
|6 - 15||Small Healing Potion||+200|
|16 - 35||Medium Healing Potion||+400|
|36 - 99||Large Healing Potion||+800|
Herbs are dropped by:
- Mauve Plant (30% 30% +30%)
- Cobalt Plant (30% + 30% +30%)
- Gamboge Plant (30% + 30% +30%)
- Alizarin Plant (30% + 30% +30%)
- Squirrel (10% each)
- Vicious Squirrel (10% each)
- Fey Element (10% x 2 of each)
- Healing Potions of various sizes.
- Various amounts of Herbs
Other potion ingredients will be found on other pages relating to the quest, or the potion itself.